Tax Planning Services
HCG provides strategic tax planning services in the United State and Canada, in addition to representation of clients in resolving matters with tax collection agencies in the United States.
Our tax planning is based on current law and substantial authority. We do not utilize high-risk planning techniques. Instead, all of our planning is done in contemplation of possible future full disclosure to the Internal Revenue Service or other parties, a process we call "proactive audit readiness."
Our core commitment is to provide value to each client through technical expertise and service.
Our staff strives to maintain the highest level of technical expertise through a broad spectrum of internal and external training and interactive client assignments. We pride ourselves in being recognized by clients and other professionals as a premier strategic tax advisory firm.
Our clientele is composed of a diverse group of businesses (including both established and emerging companies) and their individual owners, spanning the United States and abroad.
Prior to developing a client's strategic plan, HCG's Tax associates perform an in-depth review of a client's financial and tax situation. A Project Manager and a Tax associate (the majority having a legal background) conduct an on-site visit to assess business goals and operating structure, as well as examine revenue sources, current tax planning, prior years' filings and communications from revenue agencies.
Some Areas Addressed by HCG's Tax Professionals
- Income tax planning (federal, state and international)
- Business structure review and recommendations
- Examine tax consequences of business decisions
- Examine transfer pricing methodologies
- Sales and use tax structuring and representation
- Tax exposure assessments
- Methods of maximizing shareholder value
- Succession planning
- Estate planning
- Tax deferral and avoidance planning
- Employee retention planning
- Employee benefit evaluation and planning
- Asset protection
- Retirement planning
- Business purchase and sale tax minimization structuring
- Tax advantaged mergers and acquisition structuring
- Insurance structure and sufficiency assessments
- International business planning and structuring
- Implementation planning and assistance
- Negotiation and arbitration representation
- Tax review and submissions support
- Representation in U.S. audit and tax controversies
- Tax defense advisory services and representation in the United States
HCG also offers tax defense services to clients who need representation against taxing authorities such as the Internal Revenue Service and state taxing authorities. We can help you conquer various tax problems, such as tax liens, delinquent payroll tax and interest and wage garnishment, by offering numerous solutions such as offers in compromise, installment agreements, penalty abatements, payroll taxes, an innocent spouse solution, resolutions to cases that are labeled as "currently not collectible" and appeals.